1. What do you love the most about teaching at HDS? I truly appreciate that Harbor Day School educates the whole child and values the importance of creative thinking. I feel very fortunate to be able to share my passion for art with the students every day!
2. How would you describe yourself as a child? In school, I was a daydreamer. At home, I loved to draw and make stuff. I have always enjoyed the creative process of transformation.
3. If you had to pick the three most important life skills, what would they be? Trust your instincts, learn from your mistakes, and do not be afraid to take risks.
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I have always thought it would be exciting to fly and see the world from above. Plus, you wouldn’t need to check a bag.
5. If you could pass on any wisdom to students, what would you share? Share your talents, it makes the world a more interesting place.
______________ Mrs. Yagar has been teaching visual arts at Harbor Day School since 2011. Mrs. Yagar received a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a kindergarten through twelfth grade teaching credential from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Additionally, Mrs. Yagar is a working artist and has exhibited her work in both galleries and museums throughout Southern California. She brings her professional experience in contemporary art and merges it with her passion for art history to create a dynamic art program for the students at Harbor Day School.