1. What do you love the most about teaching (or working at HDS)? My favorite part of HDS is all the amazing people. The faculty members stimulate great conversations and ideas, the students motivate each other to learn and do their best, the parents trust us to inspire and challenge their children, and the administration and board support us with what we need. This enables us to have a school that can dare to do great things.
2. What is your favorite part of the school day? Why? My favorite part of the school day is when a new group of students walks into the classroom because they always walk in with wonderful anecdotes, funny stories, and minor exasperations. Bringing these personal emotions to class humanizes everything we do and brings us together. It’s the way we connect and make our time together meaningful.
3. How do you define success? I define success as being happy, confident, and self-sufficient.
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? If I could have any superpower, I would like to communicate in all languages so I can speak with anyone in the entire world. Learning and speaking new languages has always been hard for me, so I especially appreciate that ability.
5. If you could pass on any wisdom to students, what would you share? If I could pass on any wisdom to students, it would be to build and cherish these HDS relationships. They are golden and can sustain you throughout your life.